- September 21, 2022
- Posted by: Sophia Co
Responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
- Must have excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to maintain and update computerized purchasing records.
- Work closely with the sales department and inventory section to gather and submit orders or work across the entire organization.
- Create and place purchase orders to suppliers and confirm delivery date, quantity ordered, and the price is correct.
- Check and ensure that all purchase orders had corresponding order acknowledgment, that all items ordered are accurately placed on time.
- Report late or missing ordered items from shipments or report damaged goods.
- Collaborate with inventory analysts to determine what and when to place replenishment orders.
- Attending meetings with suppliers.
- Assisting with analysis and reports.
- Arranging meetings with stakeholders.
- Assisting with negotiation strategies and making recommendations.
- Plan and manage stock deliveries with the warehouse department to ensure readiness in receiving the supplies.
- Manage the availability/ ETA for the stock by regularly checking.
- Support the sales department with ETA and delivery information for quotes, order, and inquiries
- Processing of received supplier invoices and perform three-way checking
- Check and respond to an email from the internal and external customers.
- Recording of and carrying out of associated actions relating to any supplier-related incidents that arise.
- Represent the department on cross-functional project teams, ensuring relevant details are addressed and resolved, and be directly responsible for improvement initiatives.
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer or similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating, and liaising with vendors)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills
- Preferably a Graduate of Bachelor in Business Administration or relevant field
- With at least one (1) year of working experience in the field of purchasing, sourcing, or supply chain management
Eastman is always looking for talented people to become its team members. We realize that productive people are always a good addition to our organization. So if you have the passion to work with us, join in!